sides

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cleaning the Stove Top Grates

Our stove top grates are SO GROSS. I have tried soaking them in hot water with soap and nothing seems to get all that left over grossness off the grate. So, of course, I turned to Pinterest. My Best Friend. I found this cheap great idea and it worked! 

What you will need:

Ziploc Bags
Ammonia

That's it!

 This is my poor excuse of a grate....barf


Place the grate in a ziploc bag with 3 tablespoons of Ammonia and let it sit for 12 hours. So don't plan on cooking. 

12 hours later....and I came so close to throwing up.
I opened the bag and dumped out the ammonia and added water to the bag. I shuck it up like old fashion shake and bake and SO MUCH caked on crap came off the grate. The bag also ripped so shake with caution. 
Wish some hot water and a sponge, I cleaned the grate and almost everything came off. 


SEE!!!!

I was so excited about it that I threw all the other grates into ziploc bags. 


I'm so screwed for dinner tonight...

xoxo 
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment