sides

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Packing While Drinking....

Packing while drinking should be illegal. This tends to happen to me a lot. By the time I'm done with every little thing that I need to get done for the weekend travels....I'm buzzed! I can't help it. It just happens people!

It pretty much goes down like this: I start to pack and manage to lay my things on the bed. Take a sip of wine. I start to pull things off the hangers in the closet that do not match. Take a sip of wine. Try to remember what I was doing. Take another sip of wine. Remember I need something in the kitchen. Head to the kitchen and then forget what it was that I needed in the kitchen. Can't find my wine. WHERE THE HELL IS MY WINE? Head back to the bedroom. Locate the wine on the dresser. Continue to pack my bag with 1 pair of underwear and 10 pairs of socks. I start packing summer stuff even though I'm heading to VT and it's going to be in the 50's all weekend. Pair of shorts, t-shirts, couple of sundresses....no sweatshirts though. I won't need that. Oh and Flips flops too! Can't forget those. Break time. Take another sip. Remember what I needed in the kitchen. Head to kitchen. Grab more wine. Leave kitchen without getting what I needed. Head back to bed room. Everything looks great! Pack up the bag. Celebrate my accomplishment with more wine and sit on the couch.

My husband is always amazed with my super fast packing skills. Little does he know I usually have to go shopping when we reach our destination because I have forgotten at least one important item, like underwear or a bra or pants....that did happen once. Who doesn't pack pants? This girl!

The only upside to packing while drinking....the element of surprise when you unpack your bag...but that doesn't last long when realize you have no pants.....

But I never learn my lesson...it just keeps happening and I'm ok with that!

xoxo
Robin

2 comments: